Lindsey Vonn wins 2nd Lake Louise downhill
December 1, 2012
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta – Lindsey Vonn raced to her 13th World Cup victory at Lake Louise on Saturday, leading another 1-2 U.S. sweep in the second downhill at the Canadian resort.
Vonn finished in 1 minute, 52.9 seconds to edge teammate Stacey Cook by 0.52 seconds. On Friday in the season-opening downhill, Vonn beat Cook by 1.73 seconds.
Switzerland’s Marianne Kaufmann-Abderhalden was third in 1:53.52.
The 28-year-old Vonn, from Vail, will race in the super-G on Sunday in a bid to sweep the three-race event for the second straight year.
Trending In: Sports
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes