Lindsey Vonn wins 2nd Lake Louise downhill
December 1, 2012
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta – Lindsey Vonn raced to her 13th World Cup victory at Lake Louise on Saturday, leading another 1-2 U.S. sweep in the second downhill at the Canadian resort.
Vonn finished in 1 minute, 52.9 seconds to edge teammate Stacey Cook by 0.52 seconds. On Friday in the season-opening downhill, Vonn beat Cook by 1.73 seconds.
Switzerland’s Marianne Kaufmann-Abderhalden was third in 1:53.52.
The 28-year-old Vonn, from Vail, will race in the super-G on Sunday in a bid to sweep the three-race event for the second straight year.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership