McGahee diagnosed with torn knee ligament
November 19, 2012
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado – Broncos running back Willis McGahee tore a ligament in his right knee and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season.
An MRI conducted Monday showed a “nonsurgical” tear, said coach John Fox. He said there was no immediate plan to put the 10-year veteran on injured reserve.
Backups Ronnie Hillman and Lance Ball are expected to share McGahee’s spot, with Knowshon Moreno also available.
McGahee has rushed for 731 yards this season. He had 55 yards against San Diego before he left Sunday’s game in the second quarter with the knee injury.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail hotel/apartment proposal may earn final approval