McGahee diagnosed with torn knee ligament
November 19, 2012
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado – Broncos running back Willis McGahee tore a ligament in his right knee and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season.
An MRI conducted Monday showed a “nonsurgical” tear, said coach John Fox. He said there was no immediate plan to put the 10-year veteran on injured reserve.
Backups Ronnie Hillman and Lance Ball are expected to share McGahee’s spot, with Knowshon Moreno also available.
McGahee has rushed for 731 yards this season. He had 55 yards against San Diego before he left Sunday’s game in the second quarter with the knee injury.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours