McGahee diagnosed with torn knee ligament
November 19, 2012
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado – Broncos running back Willis McGahee tore a ligament in his right knee and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season.
An MRI conducted Monday showed a “nonsurgical” tear, said coach John Fox. He said there was no immediate plan to put the 10-year veteran on injured reserve.
Backups Ronnie Hillman and Lance Ball are expected to share McGahee’s spot, with Knowshon Moreno also available.
McGahee has rushed for 731 yards this season. He had 55 yards against San Diego before he left Sunday’s game in the second quarter with the knee injury.
Trending In: Sports
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort