On the Hill: Nice groomers at Beaver Creek
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Larkspur at Beaver Creek Resort.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ new snow, 1″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: Cloudy and cold, with groomers to be had in the morning.
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Liftline status: The holiday crowd has arrived. Lines aren’t too bad on the mountain, but there are definitely more people at Beaver Creek this week.
Run of the day: Gunders, at Bachelor Gulch, was groomed
Breakdown: There is a solid base at Beaver Creek before Christmas. No new snow since Friday, but plenty of groomed runs.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is reporting there’s a 40 percent chance of snow Monday night, mainly into early Tuesday morning. It is also reporting a 50 percent chance of snow Tuesday with a high of 28 degrees.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock