On the Hill: Nice groomers at Beaver Creek
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Larkspur at Beaver Creek Resort.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ new snow, 1″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: Cloudy and cold, with groomers to be had in the morning.
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Liftline status: The holiday crowd has arrived. Lines aren’t too bad on the mountain, but there are definitely more people at Beaver Creek this week.
Run of the day: Gunders, at Bachelor Gulch, was groomed
Breakdown: There is a solid base at Beaver Creek before Christmas. No new snow since Friday, but plenty of groomed runs.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is reporting there’s a 40 percent chance of snow Monday night, mainly into early Tuesday morning. It is also reporting a 50 percent chance of snow Tuesday with a high of 28 degrees.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training