Playoff loss ends Vail Mountain School soccer season
October 28, 2013
GREELEY – Vail Mountain School ended its soccer season with a 2-0 playoff loss to Frontier Academy Saturday.
The Gore Rangers earned their berth in the district finals with a win over Colorado Springs Christian on Friday.
"The boys played well and created five or six chances in the first 20 minutes," said VMS coach Pete Petrovski. "It was one of those games when we outplayed them, but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net."
Frontier Academy scored on counter attacks in both the first and second half for both of their goals.
"I'm really proud of these guys. They played hard all season long," Petrovski said.
Staff Writer Randy Wyrick can be reached at 970-748-2935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery