Rifle Bears tops Eagle Valley Devils softball
September 27, 2017
RIFLE — Eagle Valley softball lost a tough one at Rifle, 19-12, on Wednesday, Sept. 27.
The Devils (6-8 overall and 1-3 in the 4A Slope) trailed 12-2 at one point, but rallied to make it 12-10.
"The girls fought back really, really well," Devils manager Jason Buvala said. "I'm really proud of them."
Regan Bossow and Carissa Cassidy were among the Devils with big hits against the Bears.
Eagle Valley hosts Palisade on Friday, Sept. 29. The Devils and Bulldogs will complete a suspended game from last weekend and play the originally scheduled game, starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Gypsum Sports Complex.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Mountain School Gore Rangers boys soccer beats Basalt; playoffs still a possibility
- Battle Mountain Huskies, Eagle Valley Devils cross-county ready for regional meet
- Column: Systemic stress, and how it leads to overall fitness
- Freud: Several days later and it’s still mystifying how the Broncos lost
- Battle Mountain Huskies soccer on top of the Slope heap … again
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says