Saints fall at Hayden
January 26, 2013
HAYDEN – Hayden continues to be a nightmare for Vail Christian basketball.
The Tigers handed Vail Christian boys basketball its first 2A Slope loss of the year Friday night by a count of 62-51. Hayden opened the game with a 22-12 first-quarter lead, and the Saints couldn’t make inroads.
Kevin Boselli had a breakout game for Vail Christian (7-3, 2-1) with 24 points. Robby Bowles put up nine, while Gunnar Wilson and Austin Ellsworth each had six.
Meanwhile, the Lady Saints struggled equally up north with a 39-28 loss to Hayden in the first game Friday. Paris Baker had 11, but Vail Christian (6-4, 0-2) is really struggling for offense right now. Going 8-for-25 from the free-throw line certainly didn’t help.
Vail Christian has no time to dwell on the losses. Both teams are back at the Wheeler Athletic Center in Edwards for a twinbill Saturday against Soroco. In a change of the lineup, the boys go first at 4 p.m., followed by the girls’ tip at 5:30 p.m.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership