Today’s Short Track MTB Race in Wolcott is cancelled
May 1, 2013
The second race of the Vail Recreation District’s 2013 Spring MTB Short Track Race Series, set to take place today, has been canceled due to adverse weather and course conditions. The race schedule has been revised, with a new race
added in the place of today’s canceled race.
Snowfall overnight blanketed the race course, and though it may melt throughout the day, the resulting mud will create adverse course conditions. Additional snowfall is in the forecast for the Wolcott area today. As a result, the race director made the decision to cancel the event.
The series will continue next week with the following revised schedule:
May 8 – Eagle Country Fairgrounds, Eagle (New course!)
May 15 – Maloit Park, Minturn
May 22 – Beaver Creek
All races begin at 5:15 p.m. For additional info, go to http://bit.ly/16pmCih.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor