Today’s Short Track MTB Race in Wolcott is cancelled
May 1, 2013
The second race of the Vail Recreation District’s 2013 Spring MTB Short Track Race Series, set to take place today, has been canceled due to adverse weather and course conditions. The race schedule has been revised, with a new race
added in the place of today’s canceled race.
Snowfall overnight blanketed the race course, and though it may melt throughout the day, the resulting mud will create adverse course conditions. Additional snowfall is in the forecast for the Wolcott area today. As a result, the race director made the decision to cancel the event.
The series will continue next week with the following revised schedule:
May 8 – Eagle Country Fairgrounds, Eagle (New course!)
May 15 – Maloit Park, Minturn
May 22 – Beaver Creek
All races begin at 5:15 p.m. For additional info, go to http://bit.ly/16pmCih.
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges