Today’s Short Track MTB Race in Wolcott is cancelled
May 1, 2013
The second race of the Vail Recreation District’s 2013 Spring MTB Short Track Race Series, set to take place today, has been canceled due to adverse weather and course conditions. The race schedule has been revised, with a new race
added in the place of today’s canceled race.
Snowfall overnight blanketed the race course, and though it may melt throughout the day, the resulting mud will create adverse course conditions. Additional snowfall is in the forecast for the Wolcott area today. As a result, the race director made the decision to cancel the event.
The series will continue next week with the following revised schedule:
May 8 – Eagle Country Fairgrounds, Eagle (New course!)
May 15 – Maloit Park, Minturn
May 22 – Beaver Creek
All races begin at 5:15 p.m. For additional info, go to http://bit.ly/16pmCih.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Beaver Creek upgrades beginner lift — at highest point of mountain
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride