USSA cuts funding for Nordic combined
April 18, 2014
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The United States Ski and Snowboard Association announced on Monday that it will no longer fund the U.S. Nordic combined team.
Luke Bodensteiner, USSA vice president of athletics, said Tuesday that the USSA began to look at the way they allocate resources after the Vancouver Olympics.
With the advent of more sports, he said the decision was made to adopt a different funding model for Nordic combined.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Valley preps golf: Jones and Sapp make the state tournament
- Vail Valley preps: Our first look (and commentary) on the RPI
- Juan Macias lifts Battle Mountain Huskies over Steamboat Springs Sailors
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Tuesday, Sept. 19: Devils soccer; Huskies volleyball
- Freud on the NFL: The Broncos pass first test, but there are more on the horizon
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- UPDATE: Eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Vail will close again Friday morning to remove crashed semi
- Arvada woman pleads not guilty in Eagle County crash that killed two of her children
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards
- Colorado police on the hunt for ‘The Mad Pooper’ — aka the poop-and-run jogger