USSA cuts funding for Nordic combined
April 18, 2014
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The United States Ski and Snowboard Association announced on Monday that it will no longer fund the U.S. Nordic combined team.
Luke Bodensteiner, USSA vice president of athletics, said Tuesday that the USSA began to look at the way they allocate resources after the Vancouver Olympics.
With the advent of more sports, he said the decision was made to adopt a different funding model for Nordic combined.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations