Vail Mountain School girls’ tennis team serves up a fourth place at regionals
May 10, 2013
Vail Mountain School girls tennis just returned from regionals taking fourth place overall out of 12 teams.
Camilla Trapness, No. 1 singles, took first place and qualified for the state tournament in Pueblo. Courtney Thomas, No. 2 singles, took second place at regionals. She lost only three matches all season.
Thea Knobel, team captain and No. 3 singles, had tough luck at regionals. Knobel was very proud of her team for such a great outcome in the tournament.
Sasha Horn and Molly Boselli, No. 1 doubles and freshman this year, had a great season taking sixth at the Delta Tournament and losing in the back draw of regionals.
VMS' doubles teams showed great progress and helped its team to a 5-9 record. Erica Charles and Ali Plzak were paired at No. 2 doubles and expect great success next year. Anna Skelton and Valentina Virion, No. 3 doubles, played solid tennis all season and helped the team win two very tight matches. VMS had three doubles teams out for the No. 4 doubles position, all very close in ability. Paula Hernandez and Lizzy Pancratz represented the team at regionals and fought hard in their matches.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours