WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
Mudslide closes westbound I-70
Trending in: Ticker
- Vail's Buddy Lazier is running his 19th Indianapolis 500, on the 20th anniversary of his 1996 win
- As cannabis becomes more mainstream, couples start incorporating it in weddings
- Vail Christian High School's Class of 2016 challenged to carry God's love with them
- Traditions continue at VMS commencement
- Sabel finishes 'great run' as Vilar director