Town of Vail offers holiday transportation suggestions
December 24, 2013
VAIL — With peak season parking restrictions in place Thursday through Jan. 5 for Blue and Green parking passes, as well as peak rate pricing for Value Cards, the town of Vail offers the following tips and reminders when it comes to getting to your Vail destination:
• Leave your car at home and ride the bus. Vail has added additional outlying morning buses and additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
• Free parking along the North Frontage Road across from the West Vail Mall is available daily throughout the season from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with easy access to the bus stop.
• Free parking is offered in the Village and Lionshead structures (lower levels) for two hours (must exit after two hours) all season long, as well as free 30-minute parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the passenger drop-off in the Lionshead structure with entry and exit from East Lionshead Circle on the west side of the structure. Also, arrive after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m. seven days a week. Entries between 1 and 3 p.m. require charges.
• Blue Parking Passes can be used for entry into the Lionshead parking structure between Dec. 26 and Jan. 5. On Jan. 6, the pass will also be good for entry into the Vail Village structure Monday through Thursdays until the next peak period on Jan. 20.
• Green Parking Passes are good for entry at Ford Park and the Soccer Field only between Dec. 26 and Jan. 5. On Jan. 6, the pass will also be good for entry into the Lionshead parking structure Monday through Thursdays until the next peak period on Jan. 20.
• Value Cards are good for entry into the Village and Lionshead structures between Dec. 26 and Jan. 5; peak rates apply.
• Never drink and drive. Retrieve your vehicle from the structure by 11 a.m. the next day compliments of the town of Vail. While this service is available for exceptional circumstances, please remember to plan ahead and ride the bus, take a taxi or have a designated driver.
• Parking along the South Frontage Road will be available when the two parking structures are full. Watch the variable message signs for updates or visit m.vail.com for real-time parking updates.
• On New Year’s Eve, both Vail and ECO Transit will suspend service into Vail at 10 p.m. Free outbound service by Vail and ECO will resume at midnight. The last scheduled ECO Transit bus will leave the Vail Transportation Center at 2 a.m. Also, between 10:30 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. service on the in-town route will be reduced from 7-minute service to every 15-minutes between the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures. Regular in-town service will resume at 6:30 a.m. on New Year’s Day.
For Vail transit information, call 970-479-2178; for ECO Transit, call 970-328-3520; or for parking information, call 970-479-2104.