WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
- Kelly Liken brings seasonal cuisine to new Harvest restaurant in Edwards
- Theft in Eagle leads to chase in stolen vehicle
- VIDEO: Ride Vail's new alpine coaster
- Starting Hearts, Vail Valley Medical Center place defibrillators in seven Sheriff's Office patrol cars
- Game Creek zipline tours start this week