Volunteer (and run) at the Youth Foundation’s annual Turkey Trot. In 2012, almost 900 participants ran in support of Youth Foundation programs. Costumes, kids, dogs and walkers are all welcome, and even encouraged. We need volunteers to help with parking, registration, hanging posters and fliers, timing, food and bartending, and cleaning up. The race begins Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, at 9:30 a.m. at the Eagle-Vail pool. The course meanders through Eagle-Vail. Volunteers arrive between 7:45 and 8 a.m. All funds raised go to support Youth Foundation programs, with a portion going to the Eric Spry Memorial Scholarship. You can volunteer and run, too! Call or email Heather at 970-748-5989 and email@example.com.
Don’t be a turkey
Trending in: Town Talk
- Highway 24 to remain closed through the night as rock slide cleanup continues
- Ski Club Vail moving forward with new Vail clubhouse
- Byron and Vi Brown were instrumental in building up the Vail community and Ski Club Vail
- On the Hill: Mudslide now open at Vail
- 2014 recap: Leaving a good, sometimes troubled, year