Volunteer (and run) at the Youth Foundation’s annual Turkey Trot. In 2012, almost 900 participants ran in support of Youth Foundation programs. Costumes, kids, dogs and walkers are all welcome, and even encouraged. We need volunteers to help with parking, registration, hanging posters and fliers, timing, food and bartending, and cleaning up. The race begins Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, at 9:30 a.m. at the Eagle-Vail pool. The course meanders through Eagle-Vail. Volunteers arrive between 7:45 and 8 a.m. All funds raised go to support Youth Foundation programs, with a portion going to the Eric Spry Memorial Scholarship. You can volunteer and run, too! Call or email Heather at 970-748-5989 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company presents choreographer Alwin Nikolais' work at Vilar Center
- Westin Riverfront Run With a View 5K free walk/run scheduled for June 1
- 2A championship game turns into a coronation
- Eagle County Health Service District boss is retiring
- Fire destroys cabin, crane at Dotsero construction site