Vail Daily column: Attitude with interest
January 30, 2013
Writing this column for the past few years has been rewarding and it is something I really love and enjoy doing. The email feedback each week is always tremendous and I appreciate you all so much.
A few weeks ago the column I submitted about being careful because our attitudes are transparent, generated the most feedback of any prior column, and it was all 100 percent positive. Imagine that.
The comments and thoughts were so interesting to me that I went back and reviewed comments and feedback from prior columns where I specifically addressed the topic of our attitudes. A very clear pattern emerged as the community has been very consistent over the years responding most often to anything that I wrote that had to do with a positive attitude.
So I thought I would share several of my favorite quotes that you may be able to use, cut out, copy, share, and in some way keep them in a visible location as a reminder about the importance of staying positive and optimistic:
1. “I am so optimistic I would go after Moby Dick in a row boat and take the tartar sauce with me” – Zig Ziglar.
2. “Positive self-expectancy is the winners edge. We must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win” – Denis Waitley.
3. “85 percent of the reason we get a job, keep that job, and get ahead in that job is because of our attitude” – Cavett Robert.
4. “A positive mental attitude will not allow you to do anything, but it will allow you to do everything 100 percent better than a negative attitude will” – Zig Ziglar.
5. “You can’t be a smart cookie if you have a crummy attitude” – John Maxwell.
6. “We have a right to choose our attitude” – Viktor Frankl.
7. “The only difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is an attitude of extraordinary determination” – Mary Kay Ash.
8. “A person can succeed at almost anything for which they have unlimited enthusiasm” – Charles Schwab.
9. “The message is clear: Plan with attitude; prepare with aptitude; participate with servitude; receive with gratitude; and this will be enough to separate you from the multitudes” – Krish Dhanam.
10. “It’s our attitude, not our aptitude that determines our altitude” – Zig Ziglar.
These quotes have inspired me over the years but seeing people with a positive attitude inspires me 100 times more than any quote I have ever read. They are a walking billboard of energy and enthusiasm, they bring light to the world, and by their example they motivate me to want to be better in all areas of my life. Investing in a positive attitude is like depositing money in the bank, the interest that we earn multiplies with each optimistic and positive outlook we deposit into our minds.
Again, it was your response to previous columns about the importance of a healthy and positive attitude that created this column. My hope is that you will find one or more of the quotes above to be an inspiration for you and that you too will become a walking advertisement of a powerfully enthusiastic energetic passionate and positive attitude.
Do you have a favorite quote about positive attitudes? I would love for you to share it with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I am absolutely certain that this will be a better than good week.
Michael Norton is a strategic consultant, business and personal coach and motivational speaker, and CEO of http://www.candogo.com. He writes a weekly motivational column for the Vail Daily.