Vail Daily column: Success Awards returning in February
December 21, 2012
As Vail celebrates its 50th year of ski resort operations and with the holidays quickly approaching, please take a moment to recognize a key component to the valley’s continued success: Our business community. As the region’s largest business organization, celebrating success through the years is a fitting theme of our annual Success Awards.
Vail Valley Partnership is celebrating our 10th Annual Success Awards on Feb. 1 at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek. Please “save the date” and R.S.V.P. today to help celebrate the business community in the Vail Valley.
What are the Success Awards? For the past decade, the Partnership has had the honor of recognizing businesses, nonprofits and individuals who have helped make the Vail Valley a dynamic and diverse business community. The Success Awards are given for business achievement, business growth and community involvement.
This year, the business community nominated over 120 organizations and individuals for recognition via the success awards. Our nominating committee pored over the applications and selected three finalists in each category. The winners of the 15 categories will be then be announced and celebrated at the event on Feb. 1. Heavy appetizers will be served during cocktail hour, coinciding with our silent auction. The theme of this year’s event is “Celebrating Success Through the Years” and will focus on the business community and the Vail Valley through the years.
Nominated businesses all possess the following subjective characteristics:
• Strong community involvement.
Recommended Stories For You
• Flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment.
• Contribution to the economic vitality and quality of life in the community.
• The highest level of ethical business practices.
• The highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
• Utilizes a short and long-term business plan.
• Can cite examples of how they have demonstrated professionalism in their field.
• Can cite examples of positive employee relations, including employee retention, benefits and overall satisfaction.
• Each award category also has specific criteria.
Award categories include:
• Business of the Year.
• Mid-Size Business of the Year.
• Small Business of the Year.
• Entrepreneur of the Year.
• Spirit of the Valley Award (formally Corporate Citizenship Award).
• Emerging New Business of the Year.
• Small Nonprofit of the Year.
• Young Professional of the Year.
• Nonprofit of the Year.
• Most Uniquely Vail Valley.
• Legacy Award.
• Local Marketing Campaign of the Year.
• Industry/Merchant Association of the Year.
• Member of the Year.
• Customer Service Award.
The Success Awards are designed to honor the cream of the crop of the business community in the Vail Valley. The awards are a celebration of our community, spotlighting the individuals and organizations that help us stay at the top of our game. Award nominees submit applications, which in turn are reviewed by a volunteer panel of their peers.
The event includes a cocktail reception and silent auction followed by an “academy awards” style award presentation emceed by Tricia Swenson from TV8 and Jeff Chizmadia from NRC Broadcasting. An after-party will occur at The Metropolitan in Beaver Creek to continue the celebration.
We are especially excited this year with the addition of a variety of new categories including the “Legacy Award” (business open more than 25 years), “Industry/Merchant Association of the Year” (to recognize industry groups or business associations that give back to the community) and additional exposure to nonprofits and businesses with the addition of new categories for small organizations that make big differences.
A complete list of nominees and finalists can be found at VailValleyPartnership.com. Take a moment to browse the list and you’ll likely recognize that there are numerous organizations and individuals doing great things in our community. Please join us at the VPAC on Feb. 1 to join in the celebration.
Last but certainly not least, we are actively soliciting sponsorship for the Success Awards and are also collecting items for the silent auction. Please consider a donation from your business to be a part of this event.
Call Jennifer Weintraub at 970-477-4001 to RSVP, donate a silent auction item or to learn more about the Success Awards.