Vail Daily letter: Thanks for the vote for 5A
Ryan Summerlin November 12, 2012
The Citizens Campaign for 5A expresses its sincerest thanks to the voters within the Eagle River Fire Protection District boundaries for the successful passage of ballot measure 5A. Eagle River Fire recognizes that the citizens of this district have supported us and in turn, it is an honor for us to protect you.
5A allows Eagle River Fire Protection District to do the following:
• Immediately cease rolling station closures.
• Hire additional firefighters to fill vacant positions.
• Purchase critical equipment to provide an effective initial attack on a wildland fire.
• Restore funding for a robust training program to provide the highest possible level of fire protection to our community.
• Provide the professional fire protection and emergency response service our community expects and deserves.
But in short, what Eagle River Fire can do is what it does best: protect you, your family, and this community with a sustained, high level of professional service.
The choice was left to the voters after receiving a clear understanding of what Eagle River could and could not do if 5A didn’t pass. Thank you for hearing us, believing in us, and voting for us.
The firefighters and staff of Eagle River Fire Protection District are proud to serve you, and we are all gratified to be part of a community that understands the importance of a capable fire department.
Thank you for your support.
Citizens Campaign for 5A