Vail lifts to open earlier beginning Wednesday
December 19, 2011
VAIL, Colorado – Vail Mountain is extending its lift operating hours by a half hour beginning Wednesday. The majority of lifts will open at 8:30 a.m. and close at 3:30 p.m. Lift operating hours are posted at the base of all open lifts.
As of today, skiers and snowboarders have access to the following lifts and more than 1,500 acres of skiable terrain in these areas on Vail Mountain:
• Avanti Express Lift (No. 2).
• Wildwood Express Lift (No. 3).
• Mountaintop Express Lift (No. 4).
• Riva Bahn Express Lift (No. 6).
• Game Creek Express Lift (No. 7).
• Born Free Express Lift (No. 8).
• Highline Express Lift (No. 10).
• Northwoods Express Lift (No. 11).
• Gopher Hill Lift (No. 12).
• Sourdough Express Lift (No. 14).
• Little Eagle Lift (No. 15).
• Vista Bahn Express Lift (No. 16).
• Eagle Bahn Gondola (No. 19).
• Cascade Village Lift (No. 20).
• Pride Express Lift (No. 26).
The Bwana and the Golden Peak terrain parks are open to the public. Skiers and snowboarders can access beginner- to intermediate-level jumps and features in Bwana as well as a jib park, six jumps, and a 13-foot half pipe in Golden Peak. Additional features will open in the parks as soon as weather and conditions permit.
Skiers and riders are asked to observe all slow zones, posted signs and closures, especially during the early season. Closed trails may contain hazards due to early snow coverage. Crossing an on-mountain closure is a violation of the Colorado Ski Safety Act and will result in the loss of skiing privileges and could involve prosecution and a fine of up to $1,000.-
For more information about Vail Mountain, visit Vail.com or contact the Mountain Information Center at 970-SKI-VAIL (754-8425).