WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
- Bringing the Renaissance to life on stage at Eagle County Charter Academy
- Concierge doctors " the future of Colorado primary care?
- Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant 50th Anniversary Tour' stops in Beaver Creek
- High speed chase ends in drug arrests east of Eagle
- Vail Daily obituary: Carol Brown, 1926-2015