Letter: Consider Peg Portscheller for Colorado Mountain College trustee
October 11, 2017
After eight years of being your trustee for Colorado Mountain College, I must share a thank-you for letting me represent you at the college. As a CPA, more often than not, I was expected to be the go-to girl for questions about the dollars. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn about the best part of education: the students, faculty and staff. They will all hold a special place in my heart for teaching me the real reason for being part of the Board of Trustees. I shall miss sharing treasured moments with them.
I would like to suggest that you consider voting for Peg Portscheller to fill my shoes. Her heart beats education. She has put students first all of her career in education and will bring years of experience spreading her expertise in education in Colorado and across the country.
Mary Ellen Denomy, CPA
Trustee, Colorado Mountain College
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- James Millar: Where is this ‘social injustice’ supposedly behind the NFL national anthem protests?
- Letter: Vice president’s actions in regards to flag not to be applauded
- Vail Daily letter: White genocide nearly imminent in South Africa
- Letter: Mental health, substance-abuse treatment shouldn’t fall to police officers
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says