Letter: Thank you for supporting Eagle River Youth Coalition fundraiser
October 3, 2017
Making youth a community priority is the guiding principle of all that Eagle River Youth Coalition does. This comes in so many forms and cannot be done alone.
Parenting a tween or teen is no easy feat. As a matter of fact, sometimes parents feel like they are on an island. Instead of feeling isolated, Eagle River Youth Coalition gives parents a voice and a way to learn better parenting techniques — those that relieve stress and actually add joy back into the process. In 2017-18, we are increasing the number of parenting programs offered, expanding the topic base and inviting kids to participate.
The Youth Leaders Council gives teens a voice in matters that affect them. We encourage discussion, offer a setting to learn about difficult topics and value volunteerism. This year, teens from almost every high school in the valley are participating in the Youth Leaders Council.
Eagle River Youth Coalition is readying for the largest Healthy Kids Colorado Survey — every student in grades seven through 12 will participate. The data collected is invaluable to learn what is happening in the lives of teenagers. Many local nonprofits then rely on this data to receive grant funding.
All of these programs, and many more, are possible thanks to those who attended and supported the 11th annual Valley Tastings. This fundraiser allows us to raise unrestricted funds that can go toward a myriad of programs and initiatives. We are so thankful to all who attended, bought silent auction items, and of course, our sponsors Kaiser Permanente, the town of Gypsum, Vail Daily, Vail Resorts Epic Promise, East West Destination Hospitality, Alpine Bank, Vail Tax and Accounting, First Bank, R.A. Nelson, Western Slope Laundry and Central Rockies Mortgage.
This event could not have happened without the amazing restaurants that gave their time, talents and samples, including Annapurna, Avon Liquor, Baked and Loaded, Bonfire Brewing, Creekside Grill, Eat!Drink!, The Farm at Knapp Ranch, Gerard Family Beef, High Country Kombucha, Home Chefs of Vail, Mid-Vail, Mixtura, Rustic Farm to Fork, Splendido, Sundae, Tu Casa, Turgeon's Wood Fired Pizza, Wildwood Smokehouse and West Vail Liquor.
Recommended Stories For You
What a night of family fun and proving that youth will always be a community priority.
Executive director, Eagle River Youth Coalition
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Mental health, substance-abuse treatment shouldn’t fall to police officers
- Kaiser VPs: It’s time to support mental health in Eagle County; vote yes on 1A (column)
- Vail Daily letter: White genocide nearly imminent in South Africa
- Letter: Vote for Jarnot to continue the school board’s positive direction
- Eagle County clerk: Cyber security in Eagle County elections is solid (column)
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Eagle County schedules special hearing for 120-unit 6 West Apartments proposal in Edwards