Vail Daily letter: Against marijuana
November 14, 2013
We all love Eagle Valley. We have learned a lot from Buddy Sims' research since the Oct. 2 meeting in the commissioners' room. There, it was proposed by four volunteer land commissioners that we should supply 300,000 guests with marijuana. The four even proposed that there should be more pot shops and social clubs in Edwards, where there are 11 schools.
We have learned that using marijuana under the age of 25 damages the developing brain. We believe responsible users in the valley don't want this place inundated with probable irresponsible users.
Sara Fisher, at the Oct. 29 commissioners' meeting, suggested that recreational marijuana only be sold in Eagle and Red Cliff. Please let the commissioners know this is an excellent idea by writing them at Box 850 in Eagle, 81631, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The above will be broadcast on KZYR.
It would be foolish for anyone at this high altitude to think he could compete with marijuana growers around Denver. Twenty-five plants require 40,000 gallons of water. The Eagle River needs water for fishing, rafting and three more developments.
Also, note that if Sara Fisher's proposal is wisely accepted, there will be less pressure on law enforcement.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade