Vail Daily letter: Appreciate volunteers who help with homework
May 20, 2013
I'm writing to express my thanks to the members of our community who have volunteered their time every week in the Homework Club at Eagle Valley Elementary.
For the last three years, compassionate and caring adults have helped our students with their homework and studies before school. Families often refer to our school as EVES for Eagle Valley Elementary School, but it could easily stand for Exceptional Volunteers Engaging Students!
Our students have benefited not only academically, but also from the interaction and engagement with other adults who clearly care for them.
Our wonderful volunteers this year were Jared Walters, Jessica Barton, Cheryl Russell, Sarah Hoiland, Roberto Camarrota, Steve Wood, Karen Wojkto, Luz Hernandez, Michelle Foster, Mary Beth Brubeck, Patti Gibbons, Sharon Wood, Rebecca Brackett, and Kyle Hoiland. If you should see any of them, tell them you read about their commitment to our students and give them a word of thanks. EVES appreciates the time and effort they gave our students and sends out a huge thank you!
Eagle Valley Elementary School
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade