Vail Daily letter: Appreciate volunteers who help with homework
May 20, 2013
I'm writing to express my thanks to the members of our community who have volunteered their time every week in the Homework Club at Eagle Valley Elementary.
For the last three years, compassionate and caring adults have helped our students with their homework and studies before school. Families often refer to our school as EVES for Eagle Valley Elementary School, but it could easily stand for Exceptional Volunteers Engaging Students!
Our students have benefited not only academically, but also from the interaction and engagement with other adults who clearly care for them.
Our wonderful volunteers this year were Jared Walters, Jessica Barton, Cheryl Russell, Sarah Hoiland, Roberto Camarrota, Steve Wood, Karen Wojkto, Luz Hernandez, Michelle Foster, Mary Beth Brubeck, Patti Gibbons, Sharon Wood, Rebecca Brackett, and Kyle Hoiland. If you should see any of them, tell them you read about their commitment to our students and give them a word of thanks. EVES appreciates the time and effort they gave our students and sends out a huge thank you!
Eagle Valley Elementary School
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations