Vail Daily letter: Criminals don’t obey gun laws!
June 24, 2013
What the legislators in Colorado have done to the state's law-abiding gun owners is truly a shame.
The ban on magazines holding more than 15 rounds will not impact criminals since they don't obey gun laws.
It can be a problem for frightened homeowners trying to defend themselves and certainly a problem for the disabled.
The law requiring all transfers of firearms even between private individuals to undergo background checks by a federally licensed firearm dealer will be like Prohibition — ignored.
This will continue to promote a growing lack of respect for the law.
Knee-jerk laws won't make anyone safer. Unlike what the founding fathers wrote in the Constitution, a limited government based on freedom, today's governments, both state and federal, want to control you.
More and more they try to reduce our rights. Enough!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents