Vail Daily letter: Diversionary tactic
September 18, 2013
For the past 16 years, I have played golf at Vail Golf Club most days from June through September. The idea from the Vail Town Council that relocating the 18th green is a safety issue is a diversionary tactic. I personally have been hit twice on the 18th hole and both times were where the new 18th green will relocated.
With the new flight-restricted balls and the mats that we now have on the driving range, the current 18th hole is probably the safest hole on the entire golf course! I do not know the reason for this decision (made most likely by non-golfers), but it certainly is not being made for the stated one. The Town Council having overruled the VRD board, has done nothing but upset local golfers, homeowners and resort guests.
In closing, I'm sure Eagle-Vail Golf Course welcomes your inane decision. Good luck on meeting next year's revenue projections.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?