Vail Daily letter: Don’t want pot problems
June 23, 2014
Thank you, RRC survey group, for proving that just because a neighborhood voted to legalize marijuana does not mean they want it sold in their vicinity! The town of Vail voted 75 percent for legalization — 57 percent answered "no" to selling it in town. (31 percent for, 13 percent unsure)
To quote County Manager Keith Montag, "People might be substituting marijuana for alcohol or that people were choosing to stay at home and use marijuana instead of going out." Please don't lead us to believe this is justification for recreational marijuana shops. Do we want either alcohol or recreational marijuana problems? A vibrant society is desirable isn't it?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Eagle and Gypsum can’t offer much in the way of rental cost relief in Eagle County