Vail Daily letter: Easy solution
September 6, 2013
I read Tim Moffet's letter to the editor on Aug. 30, "Can we make it safer?" (Yes, we can!)
About the safety of pedestrians in the Vail Village:
We already have the solution at hand. Just adopt the Sunday Farmers' Market bus route for an everyday bus route from the day the mountain closes to the day it reopens and maintain the current route during the ski season for the convenience of skiers and boarders with their equipment. There will always be access for police and firefighters. Just put up a few signs that we already have to close it to vehicle traffic from La Bottega to Solaris and adopt the bus route that the bus drivers already know, and the problem is solved.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks