Vail Daily letter: Fundamental question
September 2, 2014
I took the Vail Daily community survey recently and couldn't help but think that the one question that wasn't asked is perhaps the most important question. The real question is: Is it more important to be a community or a destination resort? If it is more important to us to be a community, that means investing in schools and health care and affordable housing. If instead we want to be more of a destination resort, that means investing in golf tournaments and other things designed to bring tourists and put heads in beds. Either priority is fine, and both options have pros and cons. But, you can't make both the top priority. The money has to go where the priority lies.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?