Vail Daily letter: Generous valley
September 22, 2013
As this wonderfully busy summer comes to an end, I've been reflecting, as I so often do, on the generosity of our incredible valley.
Every week, there were numerous charity events and all for extraordinary causes, touching our hearts in some way and all trying to make our world a better place.
There are way too many phenomenal people to list them all, but I do want to acknowledge two in particular as this glorious summer season quietly rolls into fall. Separately, David Walford of Splendido and Kelly Liken (remember Kelly's dancing at the Youth Foundation gala last summer) seemed to be generously donating their time and culinary talents all summer long in spite of their busy schedules. It would be impossible for me to list the times and places that I know they have each given from their heart this summer, and I personally want to thank them for helping to make a big difference in the specialness of the season.
That being said, I want to thank all of the other extraordinary chefs,vendors and volunteers that worked so tirelessly to make this season so remarkable and helping to make a difference in the lives of so many.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet