Vail Daily letter: Generous valley
September 22, 2013
As this wonderfully busy summer comes to an end, I've been reflecting, as I so often do, on the generosity of our incredible valley.
Every week, there were numerous charity events and all for extraordinary causes, touching our hearts in some way and all trying to make our world a better place.
There are way too many phenomenal people to list them all, but I do want to acknowledge two in particular as this glorious summer season quietly rolls into fall. Separately, David Walford of Splendido and Kelly Liken (remember Kelly's dancing at the Youth Foundation gala last summer) seemed to be generously donating their time and culinary talents all summer long in spite of their busy schedules. It would be impossible for me to list the times and places that I know they have each given from their heart this summer, and I personally want to thank them for helping to make a big difference in the specialness of the season.
That being said, I want to thank all of the other extraordinary chefs,vendors and volunteers that worked so tirelessly to make this season so remarkable and helping to make a difference in the lives of so many.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations