Vail Daily letter: Good move with Eagle bike trail
June 3, 2013
I would like to thank the members of the Eagle Town Board who voted to fund and construct a new intermediate trail to host the 2013 Colorado High School Cycling League State Championships.
While I have concerns regarding the non-competitive bid and lack of process for establishing new recreational trails, I believe the board has negotiated an agreement that protects the residents of Eagle.
The board has already started discussions on seasonal closures and other mechanisms to protect critical wildlife habitat and in the future will discuss multiuse and animal control.
This trail will add another outstanding community amenity for the town of Eagle.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday