Vail Daily letter: Good move with Eagle bike trail
June 3, 2013
I would like to thank the members of the Eagle Town Board who voted to fund and construct a new intermediate trail to host the 2013 Colorado High School Cycling League State Championships.
While I have concerns regarding the non-competitive bid and lack of process for establishing new recreational trails, I believe the board has negotiated an agreement that protects the residents of Eagle.
The board has already started discussions on seasonal closures and other mechanisms to protect critical wildlife habitat and in the future will discuss multiuse and animal control.
This trail will add another outstanding community amenity for the town of Eagle.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail