Vail Daily letter: Good ski shop
January 14, 2014
Greetings Vail Daily! I couldn't help but write and share that I just returned from a wonderful trip from Vail, where I spent the holidays with family and friends and had the most amazing experience renting my skis from Jeannie Thoren's Women's Ski Shop. Jeannie's ski shop is the best in the village. I have rented from many places throughout my life and nothing compares to Jeannie's shop in Vail. Jeannie was so helpful and her service was by far the best I have ever received. I bought a new helmet also from her and am so happy with my helmet.
Every morning she would assist in putting my boots on and make sure I was comfortable and that my boots, skis and poles were the right size for me. If I had a wrinkle in my sock she would make sure she didn't buckle up until I was ready for buckling up. When I would return from skiing she took a sincere interest in how my day went, would help me take off my boots, wanted to know how my skis worked and also if I had any aches or pains, which of course I did after an afternoon skiing blacks. Jeannie had solutions and steps for me to take so I would be ready to go again in the morning. I am forever grateful for Jeannie and will until the end of time rent my equipment from Jeannie Thoren's Ski Shop in Lionshead. Someday I will purchase a pair of skis, boots and poles from her as well. They were the most comfortable boots I have ever skied in over the past 35 years. I was so happy.
Oh, and not to mention, she is wonderful with names and customers. I felt as if I had known Jeannie for all of my life. Yay for Vail Village for having such an amazing ski shop in the village with an amazing soul, Jeannie Thoren! Thank you for letting me share. I hope everyone has the same experience as I did this past holiday season. Happy 2014!!!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards
- American Airlines to start all-year, daily service from Dallas-Fort Worth to Eagle County’s airport
- Speed limits on I-70 through Glenwood Canyon could go as low as 30 mph with new technology
- Relatives identify Fort Collins family killed in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs
- After 44 surgeries and an amputation, Marines veteran Sgt. Kirstie Ennis given a new Glenwood Springs home