Vail Daily letter: Great time on river
July 30, 2014
I wanted to thank Joey and his team at Stand Up Paddle Colorado for the best experience over the weekend!
Even though our group was new to the sport, their instructors taught us everything before and during the tour on the Colorado River to make it fun! In addition to the two guides on boards, it felt comforting to have a guide on a raft behind us who would tell us when to get on our knees to stay safe. All we had to do was to show up at Rancho Del Rio and they took care of the rest — board, paddle, wetsuits, footies, helmet and the ride back to our car. We were even able to take a break in the middle of the river and walk by an old mine and see cabins made with railroad ties.
Thanks again for an unforgettable time!
Sounia Nejad Chaney
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail hotel/apartment proposal may earn final approval