Vail Daily letter: Hoping for safety
July 30, 2014
On July 24, my car overheated, and I rode with a tow truck driver who, after approximately 20 years of police work in the Greeley-LaSalle area, had changed jobs. He told me about the hazards of marijuana from the pass to Avon. A statement he made sums things up. He said, “Alcohol makes people mean; marijuana makes them stupid!”
Even though using a lot of marijuana will not kill the user, it is extremely dangerous for marijuana users to drive. The 5 nanograms for impairment was pulled out of the air, according to an Eagle County sheriff’s deputy. An expert in Eagle County says the impairment number will be 1 or 2 nanograms.
Here is hoping public safety will become a priority for Eagle County residents!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Aspen man’s ‘I didn’t do it’ joke backfires spectacularly
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children