Vail Daily letter: Hoping for safety
July 30, 2014
On July 24, my car overheated, and I rode with a tow truck driver who, after approximately 20 years of police work in the Greeley-LaSalle area, had changed jobs. He told me about the hazards of marijuana from the pass to Avon. A statement he made sums things up. He said, "Alcohol makes people mean; marijuana makes them stupid!"
Even though using a lot of marijuana will not kill the user, it is extremely dangerous for marijuana users to drive. The 5 nanograms for impairment was pulled out of the air, according to an Eagle County sheriff's deputy. An expert in Eagle County says the impairment number will be 1 or 2 nanograms.
Here is hoping public safety will become a priority for Eagle County residents!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past