Vail Daily letter: Hoping for safety
July 30, 2014
On July 24, my car overheated, and I rode with a tow truck driver who, after approximately 20 years of police work in the Greeley-LaSalle area, had changed jobs. He told me about the hazards of marijuana from the pass to Avon. A statement he made sums things up. He said, "Alcohol makes people mean; marijuana makes them stupid!"
Even though using a lot of marijuana will not kill the user, it is extremely dangerous for marijuana users to drive. The 5 nanograms for impairment was pulled out of the air, according to an Eagle County sheriff's deputy. An expert in Eagle County says the impairment number will be 1 or 2 nanograms.
Here is hoping public safety will become a priority for Eagle County residents!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Mother of teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony still unsure how it happened