Vail Daily letter: Hoping for safety
July 30, 2014
On July 24, my car overheated, and I rode with a tow truck driver who, after approximately 20 years of police work in the Greeley-LaSalle area, had changed jobs. He told me about the hazards of marijuana from the pass to Avon. A statement he made sums things up. He said, "Alcohol makes people mean; marijuana makes them stupid!"
Even though using a lot of marijuana will not kill the user, it is extremely dangerous for marijuana users to drive. The 5 nanograms for impairment was pulled out of the air, according to an Eagle County sheriff's deputy. An expert in Eagle County says the impairment number will be 1 or 2 nanograms.
Here is hoping public safety will become a priority for Eagle County residents!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended