Vail Daily letter: Hoy for sheriff
June 18, 2014
I am writing this letter in support of Sheriff Joe Hoy and his re-election effort for Eagle County Sheriff. I've known and served alongside Sheriff Hoy for nearly a dozen years. He is one of the most focused men I know. He understands his responsibilities and fulfills them with confidence. He is known as a critical thinker and for his practical approach to problem solving. I've never known a man with a greater sense of service to his family and community.
Joe is not one to wait for things to happen. He has a clear vision and understanding of his purpose, and he proactively pursues community goals. He looks for reasons to succeed rather than making excuses for failure. He does what he says he is going to do and finishes what he starts. That is why he was elected president of the County Sheriffs of Colorado. As president, he was especially effective in spite of the difficult challenges and politics.
It is for these reasons that I ask Eagle County citizens to again consider Joe Hoy to serve as their sheriff. He is a man of good character, ability and courage. Most of all, he can be trusted.
Douglas N. Darr
Adams County Sheriff
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?