Vail Daily letter: Important issue
May 4, 2014
Randy Wyrick’s article “Where’d the money go?” was excellent and timely. Well-written and informative, Wyrick covered all the important bases in a compelling manner. The pension issue is widespread and predominant in those states which, like California and Illinois, have had long-term failures of public stewardship by those holding political power. Those who argue for fiscal responsibility are often derided, and have difficulty, regardless of party affiliation, in gaining traction because solutions are never palatable to all. Those who value their office and votes more than the good of the state or nation tend to launch ad hominem attacks against those who are trying to develop solutions to a deep and widespread problem. We need to support those who are trying to develop solutions.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Can Cottonwood Pass ever be a viable detour when I-70 though Glenwood Canyon is closed?
- Vail opens Back Bowls, bringing terrain to 1,285 acres
- Woman bought gun shortly before she was found dead with sons
- Couple’s Fulford cabin is port in the wilderness
- The Bookworm of Edwards staff chooses best books of 2016