Vail Daily letter: Important issue
May 4, 2014
Randy Wyrick's article "Where'd the money go?" was excellent and timely. Well-written and informative, Wyrick covered all the important bases in a compelling manner. The pension issue is widespread and predominant in those states which, like California and Illinois, have had long-term failures of public stewardship by those holding political power. Those who argue for fiscal responsibility are often derided, and have difficulty, regardless of party affiliation, in gaining traction because solutions are never palatable to all. Those who value their office and votes more than the good of the state or nation tend to launch ad hominem attacks against those who are trying to develop solutions to a deep and widespread problem. We need to support those who are trying to develop solutions.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?