Vail Daily letter: In-town market needed
July 28, 2014
Vail seems to have done a good job on attracting families to condominium rentals with kitchen facilities permitting them a complete residential experience and not confining them to restaurant experiences. The absence of a market in town seems to demand that visitors now must have cars in order to shop for groceries. I'm told that a market was part of the plan for Solaris but I see no evidence of this happening.
I would think that either the town, Vail Associates, or the local business community should make this issue a priority, perhaps even with financial aid. An in-town market strikes me not as an amenity but a necessity.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail