Vail Daily letter: In-town market needed
July 28, 2014
Vail seems to have done a good job on attracting families to condominium rentals with kitchen facilities permitting them a complete residential experience and not confining them to restaurant experiences. The absence of a market in town seems to demand that visitors now must have cars in order to shop for groceries. I'm told that a market was part of the plan for Solaris but I see no evidence of this happening.
I would think that either the town, Vail Associates, or the local business community should make this issue a priority, perhaps even with financial aid. An in-town market strikes me not as an amenity but a necessity.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet