Vail Daily letter: In-town market needed
July 28, 2014
Vail seems to have done a good job on attracting families to condominium rentals with kitchen facilities permitting them a complete residential experience and not confining them to restaurant experiences. The absence of a market in town seems to demand that visitors now must have cars in order to shop for groceries. I’m told that a market was part of the plan for Solaris but I see no evidence of this happening.
I would think that either the town, Vail Associates, or the local business community should make this issue a priority, perhaps even with financial aid. An in-town market strikes me not as an amenity but a necessity.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges