Vail Daily letter: It was a land use issue
September 5, 2013
Whether one is a supporter or an opponent of the Tract K parcel denial, the headline to the article in the Aug. 28 Vail Daily "Commissioners vote against Habitat rezoning" was deceptive and inaccurate. I don't think that anyone involved on either side of the issue is against the good work of Habitat for Humanity. The headline gives the false impression that the vote to deny was a "vote against Habitat," when that has never been the case. It was a land use issue. Was that choice of wording intentional?
I would hope that our newspaper's news reporting would be neutral. The opinions and attempting to influence belong on the editorial page.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Mother of teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony still unsure how it happened