Vail Daily letter: It was a land use issue
September 5, 2013
Whether one is a supporter or an opponent of the Tract K parcel denial, the headline to the article in the Aug. 28 Vail Daily "Commissioners vote against Habitat rezoning" was deceptive and inaccurate. I don't think that anyone involved on either side of the issue is against the good work of Habitat for Humanity. The headline gives the false impression that the vote to deny was a "vote against Habitat," when that has never been the case. It was a land use issue. Was that choice of wording intentional?
I would hope that our newspaper's news reporting would be neutral. The opinions and attempting to influence belong on the editorial page.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl