Vail Daily letter: It was a land use issue
September 5, 2013
Whether one is a supporter or an opponent of the Tract K parcel denial, the headline to the article in the Aug. 28 Vail Daily "Commissioners vote against Habitat rezoning" was deceptive and inaccurate. I don't think that anyone involved on either side of the issue is against the good work of Habitat for Humanity. The headline gives the false impression that the vote to deny was a "vote against Habitat," when that has never been the case. It was a land use issue. Was that choice of wording intentional?
I would hope that our newspaper's news reporting would be neutral. The opinions and attempting to influence belong on the editorial page.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Doggone? Nope! Searcher finds Izzy the pit bull, owner glad to be alive
- Vail avalanche death case on hold as judge denies motion to disqualify himself
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Gypsum approves Spring Creek Village housing proposal at Stratton Flats