Vail Daily letter: Just sayin’
June 20, 2013
A recent Valley Voices column referred to the "Patriot Act" as being written by U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wisconsin.
As Wisconsin was my birthplace and was put on the map by Sen. Joe McCarthy, I think you did not give proper recognition for Rep. Sensenbrenner's work.
The proper name for the 2001 law is the USA Patriot Act — an acronym standing for Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism.
I take no position on the law.
I should also add that Rep. Sensenbrenner is part of an organization that does not believe in global warming.
The belief goes beyond saying human activity is not responsible for climate change, but readings of thermometers showing an upward trend of temperatures have misused the laws of statistics.
I take no position on this belief.
So please give proper recognition of the work done by my Wisconsin compatriots.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Steamboat Springs man dies after bicycle crash near Yampa River Core Trail