Vail Daily letter: Loved to death
January 15, 2014
A prominent national magazine received the following from one of its Montana-based readers:
"Do you realize what happens when you list my hometown as one of the best towns in America? Ten thousand mindless morons sell their houses in California, move here, buy 5 acres near town, and contribute to the already hideous congestion. These carpetbaggers all seem to have three or more kids, which requires schools to be built, increasing my property taxes. They sue their neighbors to maintain their views. They transport their brood in spotless 18-mile-per-gallon SUVs. They are transforming our state into the place that they left behind."
In view of now latter-day local conditions, one might consider the relative comparisons.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery