Vail Daily letter: Marijuana and public safety
August 22, 2014
Don't you hate it when elected officials don't tell the truth? Were you told there would be eight recreational marijuana licenses issued in the county? Now it is 11, and if Minturn doesn't care about public safety or the kids, it will be 12.
Solution: No recreational marijuana sold in Edwards, the location of 11 schools. Allow four shops in Eagle-Vail instead of five. If the Minturn Town Council shows responsibility for public safety and the brains of the young, there will be eight in the county — four in Eagle-Vail, two in Eagle and two in Basalt would be the promised eight.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved