Vail Daily letter: McConnell for House
June 18, 2014
I am writing to ask for you to vote for my dad, Chuck McConnell, for the Colorado House. Dad has had an interest in economies at all levels, local, state and national as far back as I can remember. In my talks with him over the years and especially in the past six years he felt a strong need to become a state representative and to really make a positive difference. When he helped me run my mountain bicycle company several years ago he created new jobs and grew my company.
Dad's formal education was in engineering. I remember when he was presented with the opportunity to go into management he quickly accepted. Throughout my high school and university years, Dad worked for the same company and was in charge of an energy resource division. During that time, my brother and sister and I got to travel a little with Dad and Mom and it was really fun.
Last week, I made some calls for Dad to voters in his district and enjoyed talking to them. I know my dad, Chuck McConnell, will make a great representative, and I hope you will vote for him.
Lory McConnell Zuptich
St. Joseph, Mo.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- ‘We’ll be racy’: Vail’s Buddy Lazier is running his 20th Indianapolis 500