Vail Daily letter: Model for Colorado
August 6, 2013
I recently heard a radio story on KNFO radio about Sen. Bennet and Rep. Tipton's support for protecting the Hermosa Creek watershed near Durango.
A bipartisan bill has been put together to protect some backcountry areas for hunters, anglers and hikers while ensuring ranching, mountain biking, ATVing and other means of public use access are also protected.
This kind of collaborative approach is a model for all of Colorado, and the West.
If Congress acts on this bill, it would protect our outdoor heritage, and ensure we can continue to balance energy development with conservation of Colorado's prized public lands — for the good of our sporting traditions, recreation economy and future generations.
Kudos to Senator Bennet and Representative Tipton.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Doggone? Nope! Searcher finds Izzy the pitbull, owner glad to be alive
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- Vail avalanche death case on hold as judge denies motion to disqualify himself