Vail Daily letter: Model for Colorado
August 6, 2013
I recently heard a radio story on KNFO radio about Sen. Bennet and Rep. Tipton’s support for protecting the Hermosa Creek watershed near Durango.
A bipartisan bill has been put together to protect some backcountry areas for hunters, anglers and hikers while ensuring ranching, mountain biking, ATVing and other means of public use access are also protected.
This kind of collaborative approach is a model for all of Colorado, and the West.
If Congress acts on this bill, it would protect our outdoor heritage, and ensure we can continue to balance energy development with conservation of Colorado’s prized public lands — for the good of our sporting traditions, recreation economy and future generations.
Kudos to Senator Bennet and Representative Tipton.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case