Vail Daily letter: More info needed
January 8, 2014
Vail Resorts and many ski industry leaders must be lauded for their "anti-climate change" initiatives but as CEO Rob Katz reasserts, the ski industry can only do so much about what is likely a global issue.
Unfortunately, the closing section on page A10 of Vail Daily's Dec. 28 article on climate change is blurred out — how essential to the subject is this information? Also, we have the opportunity to dig deeper, locally, into the issue — what do the longest-term local snow records tell us? What does it mean that many of the permanently shuttered ski areas in Colorado have been at the lowest elevations?
Is that rising snowline eventually going to hurt the viability of Colorado's major resorts? Could Vail Mountain ever miss out on Christmas week because of high temperatures? This is obviously an issue of major import to our valley and to the U.S. ski industry. Tell us more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks