Vail Daily letter: Nejad Chaney for Vail council
November 1, 2013
In the 18 years I've lived here, I'm not met anyone more qualified to serve on the Vail Town Council than Sounia Nejad Chaney. Her value to this community goes beyond her passion to sustain Vail's position as a world-class destination. Sounia has the hands-on working knowledge of what this valley needs to grow responsibly, without compromise. I've seen her operate as a leader on several boards in this valley, and in her various positions in the hospitality and ski industry.
Yet most importantly, Sounia is a homeowner, raising four children in Vail. She knows the valley's strengths and weaknesses and will be committed to improving the quality of life for families here, not just visitors. Her international background and education, coupled with her deep-rooted involvement in the Vail community give her an advantage other candidates don't have. I strongly recommend Sounia Chaney for Vail Town Council based on her contributions to our valley since moving here, but also her strong integrity, honesty, drive for what's right for all, and her uncompromising character.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort