Vail Daily letter: New level of greed
October 13, 2013
I am writing as the president of Greystone Condominium Association in Beaver Creek. We have the unfortunate distinction of being the closest homes to Vail Resorts' proposed roller coaster/amusement park development. Our homes will be 550 feet from this monster.
I also want to set the record straight that Vail Resorts has not communicated and reached out to property owners. We are the closest homes impacted by this project and neither Vail Resorts nor Beaver Creek executives have ever contacted me. I have never been asked to meet with them. And I am not alone. I have spoken to leaders of a number of other properties in Beaver Creek who have never heard from Vail Resorts. They are trying to make their neighbors out to be the unreasonable ones.
Vail Resorts has gone from this home-grown Colorado-owned company to a Wall Street giant. It's big business destroying our Colorado environment. They will do anything to improve their bottom line financially and please their investors. What a sad commentary on how they treat Beaver Creek residents and neighbors.
Vail Resorts is taking greed to a whole new level.
President, The Greystone Condominium Association
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions