Vail Daily letter: Not respectful
June 15, 2014
Calling the people that submitted the failed petition on the Haymeadow project boneheads was beneath you and your position as editor.
A stupid thief that breaks into a business to steal and drops his wallet with his license (name and address) is a bonehead. The people that took their own time and their own money to present a petition to have the Haymeadow project sent to the Eagle voters are way out of any bonehead's league. These people tried to use the process for others and over 300 votes apparently agreed. That they didn't do it right is their burden to bear, not yours to inflict.
Save the name calling for pieces on stupid thieves and that ilk. Give respect to people that are willing to give of their time, energy and money to volunteer for any public benefit cause. We need not agree with someone's purpose, cause or opinions, but we need to respect anyone who engages in the public process, no matter if successful or not.
I am disappointed when an editor of a reputable publication stoops down to name calling at those that stand up and try to do something for others. I think you owe them an apology.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade