Vail Daily letter: Obama’s Detroit-like policies
August 22, 2013
Sorry that letter writer Tony King is so sensitive about Obama that he thought I was linking Obama to Detroit's collapse.
To be clear, Detroit is where it is because of city and state policies of entitlement, high taxes and massive deficits (all before Obama) — the exact same policies that Obama is now pushing across the country.
So if you want a glimpse at our future, then Detroit is it.
But now I thank Tony for explaining that Detroit collapsed because their citizens wanted cars and a suburban lifestyle!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Daily editorial: Proposed smartphone ban is extreme nanny-ism