Vail Daily letter: Obama’s Detroit-like policies
August 22, 2013
Sorry that letter writer Tony King is so sensitive about Obama that he thought I was linking Obama to Detroit's collapse.
To be clear, Detroit is where it is because of city and state policies of entitlement, high taxes and massive deficits (all before Obama) — the exact same policies that Obama is now pushing across the country.
So if you want a glimpse at our future, then Detroit is it.
But now I thank Tony for explaining that Detroit collapsed because their citizens wanted cars and a suburban lifestyle!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks