Vail Daily letter: Obama’s Detroit-like policies
August 22, 2013
Sorry that letter writer Tony King is so sensitive about Obama that he thought I was linking Obama to Detroit’s collapse.
To be clear, Detroit is where it is because of city and state policies of entitlement, high taxes and massive deficits (all before Obama) — the exact same policies that Obama is now pushing across the country.
So if you want a glimpse at our future, then Detroit is it.
But now I thank Tony for explaining that Detroit collapsed because their citizens wanted cars and a suburban lifestyle!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges