Vail Daily letter: Obama’s Detroit-like policies
August 22, 2013
Sorry that letter writer Tony King is so sensitive about Obama that he thought I was linking Obama to Detroit's collapse.
To be clear, Detroit is where it is because of city and state policies of entitlement, high taxes and massive deficits (all before Obama) — the exact same policies that Obama is now pushing across the country.
So if you want a glimpse at our future, then Detroit is it.
But now I thank Tony for explaining that Detroit collapsed because their citizens wanted cars and a suburban lifestyle!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership