Vail Daily letter: Own up to responsibility
July 5, 2013
We have all been reading responses about this soiree in the woods. My opinion: Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
The sheriff and his deputies did their jobs, plain and simple.
My suggestion is this: I use the area where this gathering was. I dirt bike up there with my kids. We are disgusted with the mess, beer cans, broken glass and trash left behind by people who use this area for the express reason of getting hammered in the woods. These kids should all have to go up there and clean up the area.
These kids grew up up here and know better than to treat our national lands as a dumping ground because they "don't want a ticket."
I know they all know how to get there.
Travis L. Siemer
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations