Vail Daily letter: Poor idea in Avon
August 4, 2016
I agree with the comments regarding Avon's recent bike and traffic lane changes along East and West Beaver Creek Boulevard. Did anyone in the town of Avon consider the debacle and congestion this is going to cause at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. everyday during ski season? Obviously not! The lanes to enter the main Avon roundabout from both East and West Beaver Creek Boulevard have been reduced to one. Traffic heading west from City Market or east from the post office is going to be backed up forever trying to enter the roundabout with the endless stream of vehicles traveling to and from Beaver Creek.
The town of Avon is simply clueless on the problems these changes are going to cause in what is already a confusing area to navigate for tourists and locals alike.
How about instead of the money you spent on this disaster, you put it into more parking at Nottingham Park and stop ticketing vehicles on West Beaver Creek Boulevard?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1