Vail Daily letter: Priorities out of whack
June 23, 2014
Ah, what a pleasure to be out of the early Texas heat and visit Vail. We had a nice stroll through the farmer's market and purchased a few things. But wait — the town of Vail doesn't allow merchants to offer a small plastic bag for our purchases. The vendor offered to wrap it in paper towels — now that makes it easier to carry. On back to the condo through the small park west of The Lodge. What is this? Two well underage skateboarders rolling joints and smoking dope. Hmmm … I see Vail wants to police plastic bags but not open consumption in public areas of marijuana. While the town works on its priorities, I will take my tourist dollars elsewhere.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks