Vail Daily letter: Proud of young readers
September 6, 2013
We are proud of the local and visiting kids who participated in Vail Public Library's summer reading program, "Dig Into Reading." We sing their praises and recognize those groups that helped us offer such a successful program this year. Thank you to Blue Moose Pizza in Lionshead and Bravo! Vail for their continued support. Blue Moose has been partnering with the Vail Public Library for five years. Bravo! Vail treats us to age-appropriate concerts each summer. We also wish to thank our many presenters. Programs such as ours depend heavily upon volunteers. Thanks to our teen volunteers, and we invite interested parties to apply to be a library volunteer.
More than 800 hours of reading were reported this summer. We feel certain that the children who participated will be ready for a successful school year. Good luck to all of them; please remember to visit the library for all of your reading and studying needs.
Vail Public Library
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships